- Average mobile traffic grows from 38.7% of all traffic in January 2014 to 44.6% in January 2015
- Mobile transactions up 70% year-on-year to 28.81% of all online revenue
- Responsive designed sites attract a higher mobile share - 48.5% compared to 42.7% for non-optimised sites
- Luxury brands continue to outpace the mass market with several reporting 50%+ mobile traffic
- Android fails to make progress in the mobile web with a flat 19.5% mobile share vs 77.1% for Apple
- Apple’s share of mobile luxury almost 80%
Nucleus analysts believe “responsive website design (RWD) is now the key to monetising the mobile opportunity as mobile becomes the new way to engage and convert prospects into customers”. Google's labelling of mobile-friendly sites is seen as reinforcing this shift, yet a recent report by guypo.com for Akamai reported that just 20% of ‘top tier’ websites used responsive design in Q4 2014.
Read the summary and download a free copy of the latest survey
Peter Matthews Nucleus Founder & CEO commented on the latest survey finding “It is now essential that every consumer brand delivers a seamless, frictionless browse and transact mobile experience. For those who have not yet invested in this latest wave of digital transformation, urgent action is required.”
The Nucleus Mobile Web Survey is a six monthly snapshot of the growth of the mobile web. The survey monitors 12 UK and international travel websites, ranging from mass market to 5 star luxury brands, with a sample of 1.8m users on January 31st 2015.